If you have a locked Netgear Aircard 340U, when your plug other carriers’ SIM card, the Aircard Watcher will show the error message “incorrect SIM”. So if you want to use with other carriers’ SIM card, you’d better to unlock it. But most of users don’t know how to unlock it. Below are the two methods to unlock the Aircard 340U. One is free but the order is not free.
Method 1: – Not free
- Download the DC-unlocker from here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/get/FwREimE3 and install it on your PC
- Plug the locked Aircard 340U to your PC and run the Dc-unlocker to detect it
- Create an account in the DC-unlocker and unlock it
However, the unlock service is not free, and user need buy credits to unlock the Aircard 340u. This is the fastest way to unlock Aircard 340U. But if you don’t want to pay for the unlock service. You can follow below the method to unlock it.
Method 2: -- Free
1. Plug your Aircard 340u to your PC and install the Aircard Watcher.
2. Contact your service provider and request the MEP code (8 digit number) for the AirCard. Only the provider that the device is locked to can provide the MEP code. Insert a SIM card from a different service provider, plug in your AirCard and open AirCard Watcher. The MEP Locked dialog box will open.
4. The message ‘Pin verified’ will be displayed on the Watcher status section if the correct MEP has been sent. Please note the SIM will become permanently locked if more than 5 incorrect attempts are sent.
5. Once the PIN has been verified, the new SIM will be detected and your Aircard 340u will be able to connect to the carrier network.