Since Vodafone had introduced the LTE-A technology, there must be wireless terminals to support the new technology. The new Vodafone K5150 Cat4 Surfstick is one of the LTE terminals. Vodafone K5150 can fully exploit its strengths in the new Vodafone category 4 networks. The Vodafone Surf Stick is a 4G LTE Cat4 150 Mbit/s USB key with the latest technology. The official name is Vodafone Mobile Broadband USB Stick K5150 or K5150H (H stands for Huawei).
Following the classic design, Vodafone K5150 USB Stick is in red and white color. The body of K5150 is looks like a bottle which is full of good wine. The K5150 is with hilink system, no installation is needed after it’s pluged to PC. Vodafone K5150 would automatically connect to wireless network through the SIM card. Vodafone K5150 is the ideal stick for people who travel a lot around the world.
Specifications of Vodafone K5150 / K5150H:
* Manufacturer: Huawei
* Category 4 LTE modem with HiSilicon Balong 710 / chip Hi6920
* 4G Network: Supported LTE FDD frequencies 800/1800/2100/2600 MHz
* Maximum download up to 150 Mbit/s
* Maximum upload up to 50 Mbit/s
* 3G network: UMTS 900/2100MHz, Backwards compatible to 3G and 2G
* Maximum Download with DC-HSPA+ 42 Mbit/s
* Maximum upload with DC-HSPA+ 5.76 Mbit/s
* Supported GSM bands 850/900 /1800/ 1900 MHz
* Integrated LTE antenna, 2x TS-9 sockets for connection of LTE external antennas(Buy Vodafone K5150 Antenna)
* MicroSD memory card slot for cards up to 32 GB
* USB 2.0 High Speed connection
* Dimensions: 92mm x 32mm x 14mm
* Supported operating systems: - Microsoft ® Windows 8, Windows 7 ( SP1 ), Windows Vista ™ (SP2 ), Windows XP ( SP3) - Apple Mac Mac OS X 10.5 (Intel), 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 - Linux Ubuntu 11.10/10.10/10.04 - openSUSE 11.4 / 11.3, Fedora 16/14 , Debian 6.0/5.0 , Mandriva 2010.2 , Red Flag 7.0.
How to use the Vodafone K5150 / K5150H 4G LTE Stick:
1. First, pull the cover of the surf sticks and insert the SIM card
2. Important: If you have an older version of the Vodafone Mobile Broadband software onto your computer, then this software must be uninstalled. Then the computer must be rebooted.
3. The Vodafone Surf Stick plugs into the USB port of the computer. The VMB software will now install automatically. The VMB software starts automatically after installation. If a PIN is required, a window appears where you can enter it.
4. The LED of the Surfstick change from flashing to steady lighting. The Internet connection has been made.
Lighting of the LED indicates the status of the wireless connection:
* LED flashes green: A GPRS network has been found, an Internet connection can be established
* LED is green: The Surf Stick is connected via GPRS to the Internet.
* LED flashes blue: A 3G network is found; an Internet connection can be established
* Lights up in blue: The Surf Stick is connected to the 3G network.
* LED lights light blue: The surf stick is connected to the Internet via 3G Broadband.
* LED is purple: A 4G LTE network has been found. The Vodafone dashboard software reports when connected to the 4G LTE network is present.
With the Vodafone K5150 USB Stick you surf Vodafone 4G Cat4 network in the multiple cities with up to 150 Mbit/s Germany. Here now we can offer Unlocked Vodafone K5150, which would work with in almost all the European and Asia countries. Vodafone K5150 LTE stick is also backwards compatible with 3G network and 2G network.